About Me

I am a long time baseball fan who became interesting in documenting the "missing" batter strikeouts a few years back as an outgrowth of my interest in the 1899 Cleveland Spiders. Grew up w/ the Big Red Machine. I now follow them and my new hometown, Detroit Tigers. Member of SABR off and on since 1979.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thank you to all the assistance

I need to take care of this before I post any more. 

This research, by no means, has been a solo project.   I have had the help of many people in many cities - running copies/scans for me, documenting batter strikeouts in boxscores, and the most thankless task of them all, reading game accounts and pulling batter strikeout references for me.  Special kudos go to Dave Smith/Tom Ruane of Retrosheet for sharing "unproofed" play-by-play from many seasons, Ed Morton for his tireless work going through the 6 or 7 Philly papers running scans and documenting those in game accounts as well, and Bob Richardson, who did a similar thing for me in Boston.

A special thank you goes to Paul Wendt, who greatly encouraged me at the beginning of this journey and supplied me with the MS Access template which I have used to enter all of my lineups and batter strikeouts.

And lastly to Pete Palmer, who I have had the great pleasure to work with.  He has encouraged me, made suggestions, corrections, and is helping me "mainstream" my data.

To all, a tremendous thank you.


Baltimore Bill Wagner




Boston Bob Richardson Lee Panas Bill Nowlin


Brooklyn Cliff Blau




Chicago Walt Wilson




Cincinnati Cincinnati Public Library Jim Farmer Tom Chase Rick Huhn Esta Day Chris Eckes
Cleveland Peter Garver Rick Huhn



Detroit Me




Louisville Esta Day (UKy)




Milwaukee Dennis Pajot




New York Cliff Blau




Philadelphia Ed Morton




Pittsburgh Carnegie Public Library




St. Louis St. Louis Public Library Keith Carlson Mary Hegel Dwayne Ispring





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts