About Me

I am a long time baseball fan who became interesting in documenting the "missing" batter strikeouts a few years back as an outgrowth of my interest in the 1899 Cleveland Spiders. Grew up w/ the Big Red Machine. I now follow them and my new hometown, Detroit Tigers. Member of SABR off and on since 1979.

Monday, April 11, 2011

The New Phone Books are Here!!!!

Well, today I feel a bit like Navin Johnson of  "The Jerk" fame.

I found out today that my data is now in Baseball-Reference!!!!

This is so cool and am glad that it has finally "arrived" there.

I repeat my thanks to the libraries and individuals who have helped me along the way and again a special thanks to Pete Palmer, who encouraged, reviewed, and promoted my data to the proper folks.



As to my current status, since my last update, here is what I have been working on:


03/06/11 St. Louis  1909 Globe Democrat scans from rolls sent from Mo. Hist Society - thru aug 7
03/13/11 New York 1910 Evening World copies of scatter missing games from Cliff Blau
03/16/11 St. Louis  1909 Globe Democrat scans from rolls sent from Mo. Hist Society - aug 8 to end of season
03/23/11 St. Louis  1910 Globe Democrat scans from rolls sent from Mo. Hist Society - up to june 19
03/28/11 Detroit 1910 Times very complete pbp scanned from L of Mich
03/30/11 Louisville 1899 Evening Post pbp scans from Esta Day - Aug 1899
03/30/11 St. Louis  1910 Globe Democrat scans from rolls sent from Mo. Hist Society - june 20 - july 31
04/03/11 Cleveland 1910 Leader Sept home games from Rick Huhn

1909 NL is now at 91.9% complete
1909 AL is now at 91.2% complete
1910 AL is now at 88.8% complete

St. Louis, as always, The Roadblock for me! :(


In addition, I have started going through my available on-line sources (Proquest, Fultonhistory.com, GeneologyBank.com) to document the 1912 AL K's.  So far done are Chicago and Washington.  I have started in on New York on FultonHistory.com and "unofficial" Retrosheet play-by-play, which tends to go slow due to the speed of the pdf loads and lack of a decent index.  Rick Huhn has sent me the 1st few Cleveland home games from the Cleveland Leader and Ed Morton has sent over the April play-by-play from the Phil Evening Telegraph.

I got 1906 St. Louis Republic from the Mo. Hist Society (Apr-July).  So far, nothing new.  
Still would love to find someone with access to the Proquest Post Dispatch to help me out (no luck gaining access remotely).  The P-D is not a great resource from what I have seen, but for StL, I need to look at every paper I can.

Anyways, really excited tonight.

Yeah, the new phone books are cool!
:)

1 comment:

Popular Posts